Ranger DST-642D Wheel Balancer / 2D Quick-Touch™ / Drive-Check™ / 36 MM Shaft
Did you like this product? Add to favorites now and follow the product.
+1 (702) 658-1323Give Us a Call
Get Drive-Check™ and 2D Quick-Touch™ Wheel Balancer Technology
Ranger’s Drive-Check technology makes it easier than ever before to automatically measure rotational imbalances. The Drive-Check program activates a driving simulation during all balancing modes, measuring imbalances through simulated real-world road conditions. This means that Ranger’s wheel balancer technology prepares operators to perfectly balance the tire and wheel assembly with upmost confidence that the wheel balancer will get it right the very first time.
Highly precise digital sensor technology
Ranger’s Digital Sensor Technology is the “DST” in DST-642D, and it’s extremely important to their wheel balancer engineering. The 64-bit, single-bit chip tech makes for speedier and more accurate balances. This allows operators to use a variety of balance and weight placement techniques for OEM and aftermarket tire/wheel configurations.
By using a single 64-bit chip, the DST642D wheel balancer delivers a more stable balance, and processing speeds are greatly improved. Since less hardware is involved, there’s less maintenance to worry about over time. The dedicated hyper-transport protocol lets data communicate with the micro-processor with much less delay, meaning less power is consumed. The internal components operate at lower temperatures, which results in an extended life for the unit and improved performance.
Serpentine poly-V belt features a polyester-aramid fiber composite core to resist degradation of functional performance under extreme operating conditions. Poly-V belt pairs perfectly with the motor and spindle sheave for continuous tension and distribution.
(1) Dynamic, (2) static, (1) standard alloy and variable alloy setting that enables you to select the exact weight placement location you choose for the specific wheel being serviced. Easily configured with the simple push of a button for a variety of wheel styles and designs.
Multi-directional quartz piezoelectric load sensors
Dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors mate with a single digital rotation encoder to record longitudinal, transversal and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. These sensors are extremely precise for greater stability, as well as reduced wheel balancer fatigue. The high-rigidity quartz crystal sensors mean that you’ll be able to detect all tire/wheel assembly measurements faster and more accurately than ever before.
Automatic wheel data entry
Ranger’s simple and easy-to-use inner data set arm allows you to enter offset distance of the wheel assembly quickly and automatically. The wheel width and diameter measurements can be manually taken and entered in seconds.
The DST-642D comes with sturdy soft-touch keys which complete a user-friendly display panel that features tire and wheel graphics for faster entry of wheel data. You’ll be able to master your wheel balancer in no time, thanks to the step-by-step interface, and the big, bright icons will indicate each balancing function. Additionally, when any wheel is rolled top-dead-center, the LED display will light up and an alarm will sound. Hidden or behind-the-spoke weight placement techniques are assisted by tiered weight placement indicators.
Inner wheel target lighting
The wheel balancer features a long-lasting LED inner wheel target light, which will light up the interior of the rim and identifies the best place to place weights. The light automatically activates when the wheel restraint pedal is engaged.
Multi-directional, anti-glare control panel
The DST-642D comes loaded with a fully adjustable control panel which can minimize sunlight glare while making all wheel balancer operations (and ultimately your shop) far more productive. The display can be moved in all directions to compensate for sunlight, overhead light fixture glare or user height/preference. Light diffuses off the screen to make readouts more visible—no more dealing with annoying and painful glare!
Quick and precise setup
You don’t want to have to pay for little mistakes which can end up costing a lot. And with the DST-642D you won’t have to. There are several center cones, a rear-mounted spring, and a non-marring “Quick-Nut” bell adapter that will assist in all wheel mounting procedures. They’ll also protect wheels against costly scratches, dings, and other damages.
Automatic weight optimization
The DST642D automatically detects the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve an optimum balance, so you’re never “chasing” weights (a waste of time and money). The increased accuracy and efficiency of weight placement readouts make this wheel balancer worth every penny.
Tape weight feeder
Ranger’s Quick-Peel™ adhesive sits conveniently in a side shelf and features an easy-to-use open-top design for fast access. Bulk rolls are available for restocking at any time.
Standard accessories and mounting cone package
The DST642D tooling package comes standard with a medium-duty truck cone, in addition to the standard car and light truck cones. The four-piece cone set includes the following sizes: 1.75”-2.75”, 2.75”-3.50”, 3.50”-4.25” and 4.25” – 5.12”. Other standard accessories include wheel caliper, weight hammer, rear mounting spring, Quick-Nut, Quick-Nut bell adapter and specialty calibration weight.
Wheel weight starter kit
With the purchase of your new DST642D wheel balancer, you’ll also receive two bulk rolls of 100 silver and 100 black adhesive tape weights at no additional cost. Also included is a starter box of mixed clip-on steel weights.
Flange plate kit
Precision balancing requires a flange plate kit, and this completely adjustable, multi-position design features centering pin adapters that fit almost all vehicles, foreign and domestic. The pin adapters also fit light-duty truck lug-bolt patterns. Lug-bolt adapters are better for wheel balancing than using the cone by itself, and your customers will feel the difference when they drive. Flange plate kit includes a measuring caliper.
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection
- An audible alarm and brightly displayed LED’s identify exact weight amounts and precise positioning for perfect balancing
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques
- Wheel restraint pedal secures wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for easier servicing and proper weight placement
- LED inner wheel target light automatically illuminates the interior of the rim and helps identify the exact weight placement location. Auto-activates each time the wheel restraint pedal is depressed.
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered
- Self-calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage gives you room to inventory a wide variety of wheel weights and tools
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36 mm shaft (ACME thread 30-degree 3-P)
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times
- Side cone storage pegs keep mounting cones readily available
- Open-sided hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
- Wheel Weight Starter Kit: Free samples of Ranger steel wheel weights are included. Starter Kit includes one bulk roll of 100 silver adhesive steel tape weights, one bulk roll of 100 black adhesive steel tape weights and one starter box of mixed clip-on steel weights.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.