Ranger DST-2420 Wheel Balancer / 36 MM Shaft / 30″ Maximum Wheel Diameter Capacity
Ranger’s DST-2420 is a highly accurate, dynamic wheel balancer which will ensure an accurate result within hundredths of an ounce, so you can always count on giving your clients vibration-free wheel balance.
Did you like this product? Add to favorites now and follow the product.
+1 (702) 658-1323Give Us a Call
Extreme Accuracy, Speed & Reliability in a Wheel Balancer
The Ranger DST-2420 wheel balancer handles wheels up to a 30” diameter. It is a highly accurate and dependable no‐frills balancer that features Ranger’s proprietary Digital Sensor Technology for critical reliability and repeatability. From one-bay shops to high-volume tire stores, the DST-2420 is built with a gritty toughness that puts out perfectly balanced wheels day after day, around the clock. Like all of their DST Series wheel balancers, it’s a zero tolerance performer that features Ranger’s proven Direct-Axis drive system, accurate to within hundredths of an ounce, ensuring wheels are balanced vibration-free.
The DST-2420 can automatically calculate the exact weight that is needed to achieve an optimal balance for almost every tire and wheel configuration on the planet, and the brightly displayed LEDs can mark the exact amount and location in only six seconds. The DST-2420 features a full menu of time-saving features which includes dynamic, static, and performance alloy settings. This will allow you to balance OEM wheel configurations and performance wheels with minimal effort and speed.
Highly precise digital sensor technology
Ranger’s highly accurate Digital Sensor Technology is equipped with a 16-digit signal processor and single-chip technology which increases productivity and offers superior speed and accuracy- especially when using sophisticated balance and weight placement techniques which are required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels.
Single-chip circuit board architecture delivers an inherent performance and reliability advantage compared to multi-chip implementations of the same functionality. In addition to overall latency reductions, the single-chip architecture dramatically boosts device throughout. It features a quick and dedicated hyper transport protocol which allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at an increased speed. This solution offers unmatched integration of features and functionality and results in both lower power consumption and dissipated heat.
Multi-directional quartz piezoelectric load sensors
The DST-2420 has dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors and digital encoder measure longitudinal, transversal, and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. These sensors are among the most sensitive that Ranger has ever developed. The high-rigidity quartz sensors offer high frequency detection in all three measured directions.
Quick and precise setup
Included with your purchase of the DST-2420 is a set of multi-size center cones and a full-rubber perimeter no-mar “Quick-Nut” bell adapter will have you mounting wheels quick and easy while minimizing the risk of accidentally damaging the wheels.
Mounting cone package
The DST-2420 tooling package comes with a set of standard car and light truck cones, as well as a heavy-duty truck cone. This stacked package includes three automotive and light truck cones: 1.75” – 2.75”, 2.75” – 3.50” and 3.50” – 4.25”, including one truck cone 4.50”-5.00.
Tape weight feeder
The DST-2420 has a tape weight feeder located conveniently on a side-shelf that’s built into the wheel balancer. You’ll never have to worry about losing or misplacing your Ranger easy-to-peel adhesive tape weight. They are sold separately in convenient bulk rolls.
Automatic weight optimization
The DST-2420 will automatically calculate the minimum amount of weight that is needed to achieve an optimal balance for the tire and wheel configuration, so you end up using less weight. This will quickly add up to real savings while increasing your bottom line.
A touch-pad display panel features tire and wheel assembly graphics to help simplify speed entry of wheel data and guide technicians through balancing procedures. Operator function keys are conveniently labeled with simple, easy-to-read icons to help operators identify and command all balancing functions.
LED rolling wheel weight displays
The LED displays are highly visible and show exactly where to place the weights in mere seconds. These LED indicators let you see weight positions when the mounted wheel is rolled top-dead-center. The tiered weight placement indicators will help identify out-of-sight weight placement such as split-weight and hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques. It helps with clip-on and tape weight placement at precise locations for zero-on balancing every time.
Wheel weight starter kit
Whenever you get a Ranger wheel balancer, you’ll get a starter set of wheel weights at no additional cost. This kit has one bulk roll of 100 silver adhesive steel tape weights and 100 black adhesive steel tape weights. You’ll also get a starter box of mixed clip-on steel weights. If you need any additional weights, they can be purchased in bulk at your convenience.
- Dynamic, Static, and Performance Alloy settings
- A multi-user save function holds presets to increase productivity
- An ergonomic control board and easy-to-read LED display has vibrant visual cues and keypad to improve efficiency and proper balancing techniques for faster floor-to-floor times
- A simultaneous retrieval of static, dynamic and ALU1\ALU2\ALU3 data, identifies weight placement configurations for a variety of wheel styles and designs with the simple push of a button
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection
- Automatic round-off with top-dead-center weight position indicator
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered
- Self-calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage gives you room to inventory a wide variety of wheel weights and tools
- Newly designed side shelf features an open-top design that accommodates Ranger Quick-Peel™ adhesive tape weight convenient bulk rolls
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36 mm shaft
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times
- Side-position brake hold wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for proper weight placement
- Side cone storage pegs keeps accessories readily available
- New “open-side” hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.